Duration : 11 days in Thailand
Discover Thai culture and beautiful scenery of the North. Visit a tribal village of Karen long neck. Stay a night at traditional village of Thaton surrounded by beautiful mountains and rivers.
Departure date :
The dates are flexible depending on your flight. Your arrival date in Bangkok will be day 1 in the itinerary and your departure from Bangkok will be day 11. If you want to prolong your stay, please contact us.
Area : Central , Northern, Thaton village , Western
Cities to visit :
Bangkok , Damnoen Saduak , Nakorn Pathom , Ayutthaya , Lopburi , Phitsanulok , Sukhothai , Chiang Rai , Chiang Mai , Thaton , Kanchanaburi (River Kwai)
Detailed itinerary :
DAY 1: BANGKOK
- Arrival at Bangkok airport. Bangkok is both a province and the capital of the Kingdom of Thailand with approimately 7 million inhabitants intramural. Chao Praya River divides the city into two parts: firstly, the old Bangkok with its old temples and the original palace, neighborhoods. Indian and Chinese, on the other hand, the modern Bangkok housing the business districts and residential and businesses. Bangkok is a modern and dynamic city, overlooked by many skyscrapers but that hides an undeniable identity.
- Transfer to your hotel. The room will be available from 2pm.
- Overnight at hotel.
DAY 2: BANGKOK - DAMNOEN SADAUK - BANGKOK
- First meeting with your tour guide.
- Visit the floating market of Damnoen Saduak, and explore the canals and boats with multiple activities. Free time for shopping local food and products.
- Continue to Nakhon Pathom to visit the highest Chedi (127m.) in Thailand called Pathom Chedi in Nakhon Pathom.
- Back on Bangkok and lunch in town.
- Visit the famous Bangkok Royal Grand Palace, Wat Phra Kaew (Temple of the Emerald Buddha).
- Dinner show of Thai classical dancing.
- Overnight in the hotel (Bangkok).
DAY 3: BANGKOK - AYUTTHAYA - LOPBURI - PHITSANULOKE
- Departure from Bangkok to Ayutthaya , the former capital of the Kingdom of Siam.
- Visit Ayutthaya historical park (UNESCO world heritage site) : Wat Srisanphet, founded in the fifteenth century was the most beautiful temple of the city.
- Depart for Lopbui. Lunch at local reataurant in Lopburi.
- Visit the Monkey Temple (San Phra Kan) in Lopburi province.
- Continue to Phitsanulok.
- Dinner and overnight the hotel (Phitsanulok).
DAY 4: PHITSANULOKE - SUKHOTHAI - CHIANG RAI
- Visit the historical park of Sukhothai world heritage, capital of the first great Thai kingdom in the thirteenth century. Visit temples : Wat Mahathat , Wat Sa Sri , Wat Sri Sawai.
- Departure to Chiang Rai via Lampang.
- At Lampang, visit the temple Wat Don Tao Prakeo.
- Visit a pineapple plantation.
- Dinner and night in Chiang Rai at the hotel.
DAY 5: CHIANG RAI - GOLDEN TRIANGLE - CHIANG MAI
- Departure to visit Akha and Yao tribes: primitive tribes living mainly from agriculture and their crafts.
- Visit the famous region Golden triangle, thin strip of land bordering the three Thai border Laotian and Burmese.
- Return to Chiang Rai for lunch and boat ride on the Mae Kok River.
- Visit Karen tribes.
- Departure to Chiang Mai.
- Dinner and overnight at the hotel (Chiang Mai).
DAY 6: CHIANG MAI
- The "Rose of the North" is the second largest city in Thailand, the most culturally significant of northern Thailand and capital of the province of Chiang Mai. She is located 800 kilometers north of Bangkok, among the highest mountains country. The city lies on the banks of the Ping, a major tributary of the Chao River Phraya. The city is an important center for its handcrafted goods, umbrellas, jewelry (Particularly silver) and woodcarving these.
- Departure for the ascent and visit the beautiful Doi Suthep temple on the hill overlooking the city. The temple is located in a sacred site where you have a view impressive on the Chiang Mai city, 15 kilometers from the city. You reach three hundred and fifty steps framed snakes and giant dragons porcelain. Legend has it that a white elephant carrying relics of the fourteenth century, elected there and died there after barrier 3 times and have been 3 times around. The king Kuena made there soon bury the relic and built a chedi.
- Continue to visit San Kamphaeng district. Faamous for wooden crafts , lacquerware and jewelry.
- Dinner traditional food called Khantoke with dances of northern tribes.
- Overnight at hotel (Chiang Mai).
DAY 7: CHIANG MAI - MAE SAE - THATON
- Departure for the elephants training camp and enjoy the training demonstration of elephants.
- Visit Orchids farm.
- Lunch and continuation to Thaton with en route visit to the caves of CHIANGDOA and village of Hmong tribes.
- Arrival Thaton and visit the Thaton temple situated on a hill overlooking the river Thaton.
- Dinner and overnight at hotel (Thaton).
DAY8 : THATON - GIRAFFE WOMEN - CHIANG MAI - BANGKOK
- Breakfast and departure for the visit of LISHOUS tribes and GIRAFFE WOMEN: Women and children in these Burmese tribes wear heavy copper necklaces which they regularly wear rings on their neck in order to lengthen their necks to look like animals with long necks.
- Lunch during the visit.
- Transfer to Chiang Mai Train station and departure by night train (2nd class with air condition).
- Dinner box and overnight on board.
DAY 9 : BANGKOK - RIVER KWAI
- Arrive in Bangkok and transfer to the hotel for breakfast.
- Departure for KANCHANABURI known as River Kwai.
- Lunch, then visit the museum and cemetery of the Allies and the famous bridge over the River KWAI. Boarding the "train of death" along the river KWAI. Take a boat trip on the River Kwai Noi.
- Installation at the hotel by the river.
- Dinner and overnight at the hotel (Kanchanaburi).
DAY 10: RIVER KWAI - TEMPLE KHMER PRASAT MUANG SING - BANGKOK
- Departure for the visit of Prasat Muang Sing the site of Khmer architecture built in the time of King Jayavarman VII.
- Lunch in a local restaurant.
- Return to Bangkok.
- Installation at the hotel.
- Dinner and overnight in Bangkok.
DAY 11 : BANGKOK
- Breakfast. (your room will be available until 11 am)
- Transfer to the airport
- Bangkok: Montien Riverside 4*
- Phitsanulok: Topland 3 *
- Chiang Rai Teak Garden Resort and Spa 3 *
- Chiang Mai : Lotus Pang Suan Kaew 3 *
- Thaton : Khun Mai Baan Suan 3*
- River Kwai: Pavilion Rim Kwai 3*
- double room (standard) & breakfasts (Hotels depend on the chosen category : 3 stars / 4 stars)
- Lunch and dinners throughout the trip (as mentioned in the program itinerary)
- private transportation by mini bus (Toyota Commuter or similar) with driver throughout the tour
- English speaking guide for the visits
- the airport transfers
- tickets of entries for all admissions
- All visits as mentioned in the program
- Professional guide fee
- Journey by night train Chiang Mai - Bangkok ( 2nd class & aircondition)
- All beverages including water (except for breakfast, drinks will be included)
- Personal expenses & insurances
- Tips to bell boys, driver and guide (not obligatory)
- International and domestic flights & airport tax
- Optional & excursions (To maintain everyone's budget, we have not included all the excursions available, they are offered as an option on the spot)
- In case of non availability of hotels mentioned in your program, we will offer a new list of hotels with same or higher standard
- Our classification as stars is based on the provision offered as well as the appreciation of our quality service.
- Normally hotel rooms will be available after 14.00 for check-in according to international standard
After payment, our staff will send you a confirmation email within 1 business day. All informations for your trip will be provided. You will be asked to provide us with your flight info. (if you already have it) so we can arrange the transfers for you. For more informations about payment , refund , visa etc. please check our FAQ