Duration : 11 days in Thailand
This package is highly recommended if you want to experience Thai culture by staying at a local homestay in the rural village of Thailand. We take you to experience the traditional cultures and histories of Thailand in 11 days. Not only the central part of country, but also the hidden tribes surrounded by the jungle in the north region. Stay over a night in a Hmong village which allow you to see a perfectly mix diversity of cultures and a beautiful landscape of Thailand.
Departure date :
The dates are flexible depending on your flight. Your arrival date in Bangkok will be day 1 in the itinerary and your departure from Bangkok will be day 11. If you want to prolong your stay, please contact us.
Area : Central , Northern, Hmong Hill tribe
Cities to visit :
Bangkok , Damnoen Saduak , Nakorn Pathom , Ayutthaya , Lopburi , Phitsanulok , Sukhothai , Chiang Rai , Chiang Mai , Hmong Tribal Village , Mae Kam Pong Village
Detailed itinerary :
DAY 1: BANGKOK
- Arrival at Bangkok airport. Bangkok is both a province and the capital of the Kingdom of Thailand with approimately 7 million inhabitants intramural. Chao Praya River divides the city into two parts: firstly, the old Bangkok with its old temples and the original palace, neighborhoods. Indian and Chinese, on the other hand, the modern Bangkok housing the business districts and residential and businesses. Bangkok is a modern and dynamic city, overlooked by many skyscrapers but that hides an undeniable identity.
- Transfer to your hotel. The room will be available from 2pm.
- Overnight at hotel.
DAY 2: BANGKOK - DAMNOEN SADAUK – GRAND PALACE
- Visit the floating market of Damnoen Saduak, where you will discover the canals amid boats with multiple activities.
- Free time for shopping local food and products.
- Continuation to Nakhon Pathom and its chedi (127 m high).
- Back to Bangkok and lunch in town.
- Visit the famous Royal Palace, Buddhist building housing the Wat Phra Kaew (Emerald Buddha).
- Dinner show of Thai classical dancing.
- Overnight at hotel (Bangkok)
DAY 3: BANGKOK - AYUTTHAYA - PITSANULOK
- Departure from Bangkok to Ayutthaya , the former capital of the Kingdom of Siam.
- Visit Ayutthaya historical park (UNESCO world heritage site) : Wat Srisanphet, founded in the fifteenth century was the most beautiful temple of the city.
- Depart for Lopbui. Lunch at local reataurant in Lopburi.
- Visit the Monkey Temple (San Phra Kan) in Lopburi province.
- Continue to Phitsanulok.
- Dinner and overnight the hotel (Phitsanulok).
DAY 4: PHITSANULOK - SUKHOTHAI – CHIANG RAI
- Visit the historical park of Sukhothai world heritage, capital of the first great Thai kingdom in the thirteenth century. Visit temples : Wat Mahathat , Wat Sa Sri , Wat Sri Sawai.
- Departure to Chiang Rai via Lampang.
- At Lampang, visit the temple Wat Don Tao Prakeo.
- Visit a pineapple plantation.
- Dinner and night in Chiang Rai at the hotel.
DAY 5: CHIANG RAI - GOLDEN TRIANGLE – CHIANG MAI
- Departure to visit Akha and Yao tribes: primitive tribes living mainly from agriculture and their crafts.
- Visit the famous region Golden triangle, thin strip of land bordering the three Thai border Laotian and Burmese.
- Return to Chiang Rai for lunch and boat ride on the Mae Kok River.
- Visit Karen tribes.
- Departure to Chiang Mai.
- Dinner and overnight at the hotel (Chiang Mai).
DAY 6: CHIANG MAI
- The "Rose of the North" is the second largest city in Thailand, the most culturally significant of northern Thailand and capital of the province of Chiang Mai. She is located 800 kilometers north of Bangkok, among the highest mountains country. The city lies on the banks of the Ping, a major tributary of the Chao River Phraya. The city is an important center for its handcrafted goods, umbrellas, jewelry (Particularly silver) and woodcarving these.
- Departure for the ascent and visit the beautiful Doi Suthep temple on the hill overlooking the city. The temple is located in a sacred site where you have a view impressive on the Chiang Mai city, 15 kilometers from the city. You reach three hundred and fifty steps framed snakes and giant dragons porcelain. Legend has it that a white elephant carrying relics of the fourteenth century, elected there and died there after barrier 3 times and have been 3 times around. The king Kuena made there soon bury the relic and built a chedi.
- Continue to visit San Kamphaeng district. Faamous for wooden crafts , lacquerware and jewelry.
- Dinner traditional food called Khantoke with dances of northern tribes.
- Overnight at hotel (Chiang Mai).
DAY 7: CHIANG MAI – TRIBAL VILLAGE “HMONG LODGE”
- Departure for the elephants training camp and enjoy the training demonstration of elephants.
- Visit Orchids farm.
- Back to CHIANG MAI and continue your discovery of this region toward your Lodge. Home and welcome drink at the lodge where a local guide will take you on a first walk through the village, the traditional life and a temple campaign.
- Free time until traditional Thai dinner and traditional dances.
- Night at the Lodge (Hmong Lodge).
DAY 8: HMONG LODGE
- Departure for Nong Hoy local market with your teacher of Thai cuisine.
- You will choose and buy all the ingredients to prepare Thai dishes that you enjoy lunch.
- End of the afternoon free for personal discovery.
- Dinner and overnight at the Lodge.
DAY 9: HMONG LODGE - MAE KAMPONG
- Departure to the village of Mae Kampong, located at 1300m altitude in the wilderness between plantations of coffee and tea. The village of Ban Mae Kampong, 50 km east of Chiang Mai in Mae On district, is located in a mountainous region around a lush green jungle.
- Lunch in the village.
- Then you will discover the surrounding nature, this walk will allow you to familiarize yourself with the various local cultures and meet people.
- By late afternoon, those who wish may participate in the preparation of dinner with your hosts.
- Homestay overnight in the mountains (Mae Kampong).
DAY 10: MAE KAMPONG – CHIANG MAI - BANGKOK
- Family breakfast
- You can stroll through the village in the early morning and then transfer to the waterfalls and bathing possibility.
- Departure Chiang Mai.
- Lunch on arrival.
- The afternoon will be spent visiting the Wat Prah Sing temple founded in the 14th century. You will discover one of the oldest temples in Thailand Buddha and the 8th century from Sri Lanka.
- Transfer to Chiang Mai Train station and departure by night train (2nd class with air condition).
- Dinner box and overnight on board.
DAY 11: BANGKOK
- Arrive in Bangkok, transfer to a hotel for breakfast. Free time until transfer to Suvanabhumi airport.
Hotel lists (or similar)
- Bangkok: Montien Riverside 4*
- Pitzanuloke: Topland 3 *
- Chiang Rai Teak Garden Resort and Spa 3 *
- Chiang Mai : Lotus Pang Suan Kaew 3 *
- Hmong: Hmong Lodge
- Mae Kampong : local homestay in the village of Mae Kampong
- double room (standard) & breakfasts (Hotels depend on the chosen category : 3 stars / 4 stars)
- Lunch and dinners throughout the trip (as mentioned in the program itinerary)
- private transportation by mini bus (Toyota Commuter or similar) with driver throughout the tour
- English speaking guide for the visits
- the airport transfers
- tickets of entries for all admissions
- All visits as mentioned in the program
- Professional guide fee
- Journey by night train Chiang Mai - Bangkok ( 2nd class & aircondition)
- All beverages including water (except for breakfast, drinks will be included)
- Personal expenses & insurances
- Tips to bell boys, driver and guide (not obligatory)
- International and domestic flights & airport tax
- Optional & excursions (To maintain everyone's budget, we have not included all the excursions available, they are offered as an option on the spot)
- In case of non availability of hotels mentioned in your program, we will offer a new list of hotels with same or higher standard
- Our classification as stars is based on the provision offered as well as the appreciation of our quality service.
- Normally hotel rooms will be available after 14.00 for check-in according to international standard
After payment, our staff will send you a confirmation email within 1 business day. All informations for your trip will be provided. You will be asked to provide us with your flight info. (if you already booked it) so we can arrange the transfers for you.
For more informations about payment , refund , visa etc. please check our FAQ