Duration : 3 days
An epic advanture to western Thailand. Visit the famous Bridge Over The River Kwai. Boarding on the Death Railway from WW2.
Places visited : Bangkok , Kanchanaburi
- Tour starts : Bangkok
- Tour finishes : Bangkok
- Tour type : Private tour
DAY 1: BANGKOK- KANCHANABURI – RIVER KWAI (-/L/D)*
- Pick up from Bangkok airport or Bangkok hotel in a private minibus with English speaking tour guide
- Departure from Bangkok to the western region of Kanchanaburi in the middle of rural Thais.
- Arrival and lunch local food at local restaurant. Visit the War Museum "JEATH" Cemetery of the Allies. The museum has been constructed largely in the form of an Allied Prisoner of War camp. The detention hut with cramped, elevated bamboo bunks contains photographic, pictorial and physical memorabilia dating from the Second World War. Enjoy the historical stories from our professional tour guide along the trip.
- Visit the famous Bridge on the River Kwai.
- Boarding on the “Thai-Burma Death Railway” a very impressive train that rails are straight into the gorge and spectacular view along the River Kwai.
- Arrival at hotel for dinner and overnight.
DAY 2: RIVER KWAI - ERAWAN PARK – KANCHANABURI (B/L/D)
- Departure from hotel by canoe ride along the river Kwai to Sai Yok Yai Waterfall, cave and Erawan waterfall.
- Lunch at local restaurant.
- Departure to the Erawan National Park, 550 square-kilometer, 2 sites and containing the famous seven-tiered Erawan waterfall, considered by many as one of the most beautiful waterfalls.
- Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
DAY 3: BANGKOK – KANCHANABURI (B/L/-)
- Departure from the hotel to stop at Wat Thum Sua. The highlighted of temple is the Giant Buddha on the hill with Thai original style. Moreover, this temple has the spectacular architecture is surrounded by green rice fields.
- Lunch and return to Bangkok.
- Drop off at Bangkok airport or hotel in Bangkok.
Hotel list (or similar)
Kanchanaburi : Pavillion Rimkwai hotel 3/4* (room type : superior)
- A qualified English speaking guide
- Double room (standard) & breakfasts (Hotels depend on the chosen category : 3 stars / 4 stars)
- Lunch and dinners throughout the trip
- Private car/van/minibus with driver throughout the tour
- The airport transfers
- Tickets of entries for all admissions
- Beverages (except for breakfast, drinks will be included)
- Personal expenses
- Tips to bell boys, driver and guide
- International and domestic flights
- To maintain everyone 's budget, we have not included all the excursions available, they are offered as an option on the spot
Prices exclude these periods (for these periods, please send us an enquiry)
- 20 December – 15 January : New Year
- 27 January – 3 February : Chinese New Year
- 13 – 17 April : Songkran festival
- 13 – 15 November : Loy Krathong festival
- In case of non availability of hotels mentioned in your program, we will offer a new list of hotels with same or higher standard
- Our classification as stars is based on the provision offered as well as the appreciation of our quality service.
- *(B/L/D) = (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
After payment, our staff will send you a confirmation email within 1 business day. All informations for your trip will be provided. You will be asked to provide us with your flight info. so we can arrange the transfers for you (if you already have it)
For more informations about payment , refund , visa etc. please check our FAQ