Duration : 2 days / 1 night
This tour package is recommended for those who what to experience the authentic way of life of the rural people in the North of Thailand. Including a overnight at Khum Lanna Resort
Explore the rural charms of northern Thai life in a small valley surrounded by a lush countryside.
We offer you an experience in a luxurious home-stay combined with culinary holiday set amidst in the forest. KhumLanna is located in Phrao village (about 01H30 drives from Chiang Mai.
This package is highly recommended for those who seek to experience the traditional life of the rural Thai people in the north of the Thailand. The idea is to stay in a home-stay but with the comforts that the Europeans seek for such as good and clean accommodation, clean bathroom , local tour guide who is able to communicate in English.
Best time to visit : January – February, October – December. Whereas in March – June might be smoke in the area as the locals burn their crop and the waterfalls have low water, July – September is considered to be a raining season, you normally get 2 or 3 dry days in a week.
Places visited : Chiang Mai
Tour starts : Chiang Mai (pick up from Chiang Mai airport or hotel in Chiang Mai)
Tour finishes : Chiang Mai (drop off at Chiang Mai airport or hotel in Chiang Mai)
DAY 1: CHIANG MAI - KHUM LANNA (-/L/D)
- Pick up from Chiang Mai in a private passenger van to Khum Lanna
- Once arrive at Khum lanna, you will meet your tour gudie. You will be welcomed by local people. Hence, the head is clearly explained about the history of rice cultivation, directions and future developments with the site manager of eco-tourism.
- Try your hand at cooking by cooking sticky rice steamed by yourself.
- Discover and explore the botanical garden with a variety of organic products such as rice, herbs, and vegetables.
- Lunch served in a rustic Thai barbecue, a brief introduction to Thai language you will also be provided.
- Optional activities for the afternoon bike ride in the surrounding countryside, carving fruits and vegetables in Thai style, or steam bath with local herbs to regenerate your body: traditional herbal massage with application of warm compresses (ginger, lemongrass, plantain, tamarind leaves, camphor and other herbs).
- Practicing cookery skilled following construction carefully of four signature delicious Thai dishes.
- Dinner and overnight at Khum Lanna.
DAY 2: KHUM LANNA - CHIANG MAI (B/-/-)
- Before sunrise, cycle starting in the countryside to the village at Phrao to visit a local market, which is sold locally, produced coffee. With the help of your guide, you can buy local biscuits and garlands of flowers for offerings.
- Walk to the rice production farm to talk with your guide and owner.
- Back to Khum Lanna by bike and stop shortly at Wat Pa temple for a visit and making merits.
- Back to Chiang Mai.
*** this is private tour package including a qualified English speaking guide at Khum Lanna, a private passenger van for transfers, hotels, meals as mentioned in the program, visits and tickets
Hotel list :
Chiang Mai : Khum Lanna Lodge 3/4*
- A qualified English speaking guide
- double room (standard) & breakfasts (Hotels depend on the chosen category : 3 stars / 4 stars)
- Lunch and dinners throughout the trip
- private car/van/minibus with driver throughout the tour
- the airport transfers
- tickets of entries for all admissions
Prices exclude these periods (for these periods, please send us an enquiry)
- Beverages (except for breakfast, drinks will be included)
- Personal expenses
- Tips to bell boys, driver and guide
- International and domestic flights
- To maintain everyone 's budget, we have not included all the excursions available, they are offered as an option on the spot
- 20 December – 15 January : New Year
- 27 January – 3 February : Chinese New Year
- 13 – 17 April : Songkran festival
- 13 – 15 November : Loy Krathong festival
- In case of non availability of hotels mentioned in your program, we will offer a new list of hotels with same or higher standard.
- Our classification as stars is based on the provision offered as well as the appreciation of our quality service.
After payment, our staff will send you a confirmation email within 1 business day. All informations for your trip will be provided. You will be asked to provide us with your flight info. so we can arrange the transfers for you (if you already booked it)
For more informations about payment , refund , visa etc. please check our FAQ